Thomas Academy strives to create an environment which allows our students to concentrate on academic and character education. Our mandatory uniform policy is designed so that the clothing and physical appearance of an individual does not disrupt or distract from the educational environment.
We believe that this dress code will take the learning environment to an even higher level, will instil a common identity among students and a pride in the school, and will create a safer and more disciplined learning environment.
All required school shirts will be available for purchase through the school office and directly from the vendor.
- Thomas Academy Polo
- Dark green or white polo will be accepted as an alternative
- Bottoms: pants, shorts, capris or skorts need to be khaki color only
- Bottoms must be worn above the hips at all times
- Form-fitting spandex material, denim, and sweat pants are not allowed
- Bottoms must be free of labels, graphics, or logos or holes
- Bottoms must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee
- Undergarments must not be visible
- For skorts, the slit may not exceed 4 inches above the knee
- Should a student (for comfort reasons) wear a garment over their school shirt, that garment must be one that opens completely, so that the school shirt is visible
SCHOOL DRESS DOWN
Each Friday will be designated as “School Dress Down “and students may be excused from wearing the traditional school uniform. T.A. T-shirts may be worn (only on Friday) and jeans may be worn that are:
- Free of holes, rips, or writing
- Worn above the hips
- Not skin tight or extremely baggy
If students come to school in violation of the dress code, parent/guardian will be contacted to bring additional clothing and if needed they will be provided alternate clothing until a new set arrives.