Exceptional Children's Assistant
POSITION/DEPARTMENT: EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN ASSISTANT
· Minimum high school diploma. Preferred bachelor’s degree in education with a specialty in exceptional children.
· Valid driver’s license with current insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; ability to communicate well with school personnel, students and parents.
· Demonstrate functional knowledge of computers and all aspects of the Microsoft Office Professional software programs.
· Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and accomplish specific tasks as requested.
· Ability to constantly monitor the safety and well-being of students.
· Comply with confidentiality requirements in local, state and federal policies and statutes
SUPERVISOR/CHAIN OF COMMAND: PRINCIPAL
WORKING SCHEDULE: Exempt, salaried, full-time position with benefits. Hours will be flexible to
meet the various requirements of the position. Year round.
1. Support the mission and philosophy of Thomas Academy and B&GH.
2. Assure that all Exceptional Children’s matters are followed according to the requirements of Department of Public Instructions Exceptional Children Department of Public Instruction.
3. Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Thomas Academy, along with state and federal regulations pertaining to school issues.
4. Plan, execute, and maintain Exceptional Children Records, this will include keeping him/herself up to date with the most recent Exceptional Children obligations.
5. Report to the Department Public Instructions on any and all matter pertaining to Exceptional Children support.
6. Adhere to all laws and requirements established by the NC Department of Public Instruction and the NC General Assembly.
7. Complete other actions as required by Principal and/or VP of Education.
1. Must have the ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
2. Must have the ability to balance, climb, feel, grasp, kneel, lift, pull, push, stoop, and reach above shoulder level.
3. Must have the ability to sustain repetitive movements for a limited period of time.