COVID 19 Protocol for all Thomas Academy Faculty/Staff and students Effective 1/10/22
***If your child is sick for any reason, please keep them at home. If someone in your household has tested positive for COVID 19 or is waiting for test results, keep your child at home and contact Sarah Creech, Director of Nursing, immediately for further instructions. You can reach Sarah at 910-646-2237(SCHOOL LINE) or 205-283-0918****
Positive Case/Exposure Procedure for ALL Thomas Academy Staff and Students:
1. You must contact the school immediately with Positive COVID-19 results and date of testing. Sarah Creech, Director of Nursing, will document your positive test results and let you know when you can return to school.
2. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and had symptoms, you can come back to school and be around others after—
- At least 5 days from positive COVID-19 test AND at least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication AND other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving (i.e. loss of taste and smell, cough may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation). When returning to work, continue to wear a mask 100% of the time (Lunch must be isolated from others) for the following 5 days.
- If you continue to have a fever or your symptoms are not improving, then you will need to quarantine for the full 10 days from your positive COVID-19 test. If you had a severe illness from COVID-19 (i.e. admitted to a hospital and needed oxygen), your healthcare provider may recommend that you stay in isolation for longer than 10 days after your first appeared, possibly up to 20 days, and you may need to finish your period of isolation at home. You must report this to the Director of Nursing.
3. If you tested positive for COVID-19 but had NO symptoms, if you continue to have no symptoms, you can come back to school and be around others after—
- At least 5 days have passed since the date you had your positive test and continue to wear a mask 100% of the time for an additional 5 days
- If you develop symptoms after testing positive, follow the guidelines in #1 above.
4. If you have a household member test positive and have no symptoms, you still need to quarantine for 5 days. You need to test on day 5. If you test positive with no symptoms, then follow the guidelines in #3. If you develop symptoms, follow the guidelines in #2 above.
5. If you have close contact with someone outside of a household member who tests positive, please contact the Director of Nursing for instructions.
6. You DO NOT need to be retested after a positive result and your quarantined days have been met and your symptoms have improved. As always, remember to wear your mask, wash your hands frequently and remain six feet apart.
7. If you have any questions regarding your exposure to others who have tested positive. PLEASE DO NOT hesitate to contact the Director of Nursing. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Director of Nursing, Sarah Creech @ 205-283-0918.